Complying with legal obligations and the rights of Internet users through our anti-spam policy
NP6 is committed to the fight against spam, which is one of our main priorities.
We also ensure that we comply with legal obligations relating to email marketing and web users' rights, in accordance with the French personal data protection law (CNIL).
- To limit the significant costs faced by companies due to spam;
- To ensure that legal obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the French law on trust in the digital economy (LCEN) and the CNIL;
- To respect web users' rights.
We take every possible measure to protect you
- Configuring our servers in an optimal way;
- Using the very latest methods for dealing with spam;
- Working closely with internet service providers;
- Maintaining our own spam detection and processing engine;
- Dealing with received complaints immediately.
If you think you have received an unsolicited email message from NP6 – MailPerformance on behalf of one of its customers, please report it to us directly using our complaints form below:
If your address is recognised, it will immediately be removed from the email address base of the customer responsible for the campaign and will no longer receive messages from this customer using our MailPerformance software.